Monday, February 4, 2008

Welcome To the Kitchen

So, I was sitting in my office yesterday glancing through an old cookbook when genius struck! I like food. I enjoy history. I am a writer. Why not combine those three elements and create a recipe for a blog?

So with that thought in mind, I decided that this will be a good exercise for me. This is a creative recipe for food writing experience and a chance to experiment in the kitchen.

It's a match made in heaven!

Each day's blog will focus on a particular food. If a certain day is a national or international celebration, for instance, January 26 is Pistachio Day, then that day's blog will give information about that particular food, including its history. I'll also include a recipe that either I have developed or one that is a family favorite.

If the inspiration would have hit me earlier, I would have started this on the first day of the month, but since I didn't receive the epiphany until the third, I will catch up this week.

So take a seat at the kitchen table (or your computer desk) and dish with me.

No comments: